Thursday, February 02, 2006

Oscar nominations and a raspberry

The War Of The Worlds has grabbed three nominations for an Oscar. King Kong" and "Memoirs of a Geisha" share the nomination for Sound Editing, which surely has to go to Spielbergs movie for the chilling Martian calls. Its also up for "sound mixing", but I'm nore really sure what the difference is. "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," and "King Kong," duke it out for Visual Effects, which is a harder nut to crack. My money is on Kong taking this one.

Rather unfairly I think, Tom Cruise has been nominated for a razzie for worst actor. Can't say he was that bad, and in fact I think it was one of his best performances. I suspect the razzie is more for his antics after the film was made, when, and lets be honest here, he went a little strange.